You started your business because you were fed up with your j.o.b.
You were tired of –
- Not being there for your spouse/kids.
- Working specific hours so someone else could pull in the big bucks.
- Being available 24/7 for someone else.
- Being dependent on someone else to make money.
- Having to share a bathroom with other people.
Your dream for having your own business may have looked something like –
- Working only the hours you want to
- Spending uninterrupted time with your family
- Taking real vacations
- Having time for yourself
- Being able to eat bon-bons and watch your shows whenever you wanted to
Only the reality after starting your business looks like –
- Feeling guilty when you don’t spend time with family (but also when you do because you should be working on your business)
- Being busy all.the.time
- You haven’t had a vacation since you started
- You forgot what ‘me’ time is
- You only enjoy your show with chocolate melting on your hands and eyes so heavy because you are so wore out at the end of the day.
What would your life look like if you had
more ‘me’ time while being more focused
and taking decisive action in your business?
It wasn’t until I started to BE the leader of my business that I began to see results and enjoy what I was doing. Now I help other business owners BE in control of their business using my background as a psychologist, marketer and my fabulous no nonsense personality.
On the personal side, I enjoy anything chocolate and caramel, raising two young humans (most days I enjoy them) and having conversations on the patio with my husband along with a glass of red wine.
From the Blog
This week I chat with Mary Cook at This Indulgent life. We know that we want to have a great family life while we are still supporting our family. How do we spend intentional time with our family, give them experiences and be respectful parents? Mary and I cover all this in this show.
I believe that our minds are our the most powerful ‘muscle’ that we have. If we want to make changes our mind needs to be the engine driving us forward. Yet there are some reasons why our mind may not be fully on board with the change. At the same time, there are ways that we can ‘trick’ our brain into making the changes that we want to make.
Here in the U.S. it is Independence Day. Thinking about this holiday lead me to think about how it is a good time to review our own independence. This episode is all about claiming your own independence.